For crying out loud, the first month of the new year is over already!! I don’t know about anyone else, but on January 1st it always seems like there is all the time in the world to get things done. But then, in the blink of an eye, January is over and I start thinking that, before I know it, the whole year will be over and I won’t have accomplished anything!!
And that, my friends, is why I have goals for each month! It keeps me focusing on what I want to accomplish. I can make a resolution on January 1st, “I’m going to finish 12 quilts this year.” 😊 And I could sincerely believe that I am going to do that! But, knowing how I am, I know that I would be easily distracted and would not actually stay on task to get that done.
Having a goal to finish one quilt in a month makes it much easier to focus. It’s not 12 it’s only one. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
For January, I wanted to:
- Piece – Good Fortune mystery quilt. I’ve kept up with the clues and the final reveal was this morning, so now I just have to put my bits together. – DONE!
- Quilt – I want to get the quilting done on a number of quilts this year, so I need to load one of my flimsies onto the frame and get it done. I haven’t decided which one I will do this time, but one needs to be done!!! – DONE! I decided to quilt Good Fortune
- Bind – The table runner that is taking so long to get done. Once it’s bound, I’ll be done!!! – DONE!!
- Cut scraps – still an on-going process and maybe I need to devote more time to it each day, so I can eventually leave this off my list! – DONE!!
Yay Me!! I have 100% completion for the month of January! And I’ve also finished (except for the binding) one quilt! Double Yay!!
1) Piece 2 or 3 blocks for a Heritage Quilters project that will be donated to a local charity & Sister Nine Patch (I’ve had the pieces cut for a number of years, so it’s time to get this done!)
2) Quilt the aqua Ocean Waves flimsy that I made a couple years ago
3) Bind Good Fortune
4) Cut pieces for one or two donation quilts
There you go, four more quilting goals. Send me some positive energy so I can get them all finished.
Bonnie said she was going to have a final linky party for Good Fortune. Click HERE to see what’s going on