My Goodness! I’m just a little behind with my goals this time around. Things have been so busy lately that I just haven’t made the time to sit at my computer and type something up. But we’re going to jump right to it now!
For May, I was going to work on the following:
- Finish MFCQ (my friend’s cousin’s quilt) AND get Hospice quilt to flimsy stage, so that it can go to the Senior Center ladies to do the quilting and binding. – DONE – The top photo is the Hospice flimsy, ready to send to the quilters. The bottom photos are the MFCQ. There were a few problems with the MFCQ blocks laying flat, so I chose to quilt around the center circle and then go around each section. There were not too many open areas of background, so I just left it un-quilted. The less quilting the more cuddly-er, IMHO.
- Finish modern experiment – DONE – and gifted to my DGC#1 for her high school reunion. Here we are in front of the quilt. I’ll have to look and see if I have a full photo of it somewhere.
- Cut scraps into usable strips and squares – DONE – I’ve filled all my strip boxes with all this trimming of scraps. I’m going to have to start using all these strips to make some quilts so I’ll have more room for more strips!!
- Make one Tea Leaves circle – DONE – another circle closer to the 214 that I need to make a quilt!!!
For June I want to:
- Quilt Lozenge quilt – I finished this flimsy a few years ago. Just last week I finally figured out what quilting design I would like to use on it. Now I just need to get it loaded on the frame and I can do the quilting!
- Make all the blocks for the fox quilt. I have almost all the smaller units made, so it shouldn’t take too long to get the blocks put together.
- Cut more scraps – when I say cutting scraps, I am doing a number of things. 1) I am taking scraps of fabric that are of a usable size and trimming them for the scrap user’s system (my sizes are 1″, 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″, 3 1/2″ and 4 1/2″) or 2) any scraps of fabric that are less than 1″ wide gets chopped up for pet bed filling or 3) any scraps of batting that are less than approx. 6″ wide get chopped up for pet bed filling. So I may be doing any or all of those things when I am cutting scraps!
- Make one more Tea Leaves circle.
There you have it, goals for June. Since the month is more than half over, I might have been working on a few of these things already, but we’ll have to wait until July to find out if I actually get all of them done!! 😉