In between all the chaos that is my life, I have managed to sew a little bit each day. I have so many projects and I want to get ALL of them done, so I have a bad habit of jumping from one thing to another.
And, sometimes, I just don’t want to do some things. For instance, the next step to finish a quilt might be cutting strips to make a border. But I don’t really feel like cutting strips, so I’ll change to another project that only requires some mindless chain piecing. Or, I need to make a decision about sashing or borders, but I just can’t make up my mind, so I’ll press the units that I chain pieced. Or I don’t want to use the sewing machine, so I’ll hand sew, instead.
It all means I’m making progress on a lot of things, but I don’t get anything finished for a long time. Or, more correctly, I make a lot of progress and I actually finish some things, but other projects languish in a half-finished state for a very long time.
Today I want to share the progress I’ve made on the “Modern Experiment”
There is only one corner that needs filled in and then, if you look closely, you will see that there will be four sections to sew together (3 large sections from bottom to top and one side section on the right)
I haven’t been able to work on this every day, but I’ve been concentrating a lot of my sewing time on it and I really, REALLY hope that I will have it done by the end of this month. I think it will look fantastic laying on a bed for the summer.
This has been a delightful project even though it is a real stretch out of my comfort zone. I think I can see a few more of these in my future – especially since most of the grandchildren have been admiring this while I’ve been working on it!!!