Happy Groundhog Day!! Or Happy Candlemas!! Or Happy Second Day of February!! Take your pick!
Due to sleeping later than usual and then having to go to work, I missed the first of the month for my Get it Done post. But I’m only a day late, so I hope it won’t throw the world into chaos!!
I’m going to get right to it, because I have work to go to today.
For January I wanted to:
1) Finish the quilting on a quilt for my friend, Julie (actually it’s her cousin’s quilt) – Not Yet. I need to get the map quilt off the frame and that has taken a little longer than I thought it would.
2) Finish the map quilt for Big Mo that DH requested. – Not Yet. See above. I’m hoping to get it finished this weekend.
3) Trim scraps – DONE! I was pretty diligent with this and now my shoe boxes are getting overstuffed. And I have a kitchen trash bag full of chopped bits and bobs to be used for pet bed stuffing.
4) Clean up the sewing studio. It has been a dumping ground for all the flotsam and jetsam that needs to be put out of the way over the holidays. Plus, with all the projects I’ve been working on, there is fabric and other stuff scattered all over the place. – DONE! well, I’m calling it done, because I can actually walk in there, sew at the sewing table, press pieces on the ironing board and cut fabric on my small table. There is still more to do (I haven’t cleaned out the dresser or the washstand or the closet) but I’ll save that for another time!!!
During the month of January I also managed to knit a few dishcloths:
I will add them to my stockpile so I can hand them out at Christmas time.
Now, for February:
1) Map quilt – finish quilting, do binding, attach a label and take a photo of the finished quilt.
2) Julie’s cousin’s quilt – press it, load on frame, do all the quilting, attach binding (cousin is going to finish binding by hand.)
3) On Ringo Lake mystery quilt – a completed flimsy
4) Trim more scraps
Well, there you go – four S.M.A.R.T. goals for February.
And now it’s time to go to work.