Let’s all do our best to be kind to each other and make 2018 a very good year!!
I stayed up to watch the ball drop at midnight last night. Then I kissed my sweety, toasted in the New Year, ate our traditional pork and sauerkraut and went to bed!!
But earlier in the evening I sewed. DH had gone to visit with some of his friends for a few hours, so I spent my “free” time trying to get a little bit caught up on the mystery quilt. I had a sneaky suspicion that the final reveal would be at midnight. Thankfully, I was proven wrong on that one.
Despite my best efforts, I still didn’t get completely up to date. But that’s okay. I don’t have to finish it today like some other quilters are trying to do. Because, even though I was wrong about the time, the reveal did show up this morning. And I think it’s lovely!!
I have a good bit more to do. First and foremost, I need to make eleven more blocks and corresponding sashing and additional setting triangles. I want to have a square queen size quilt and Bonnie’s pattern is not that. I knew going into this that that would be the case and I made some extra units for each clue (another reason why I’m behind) But some I made too many and some I didn’t make enough. I need to sit down and figure out the math so that I can have the right amount of blocks, etc.
But that will have to wait for a little bit. Today is the first of the month and we all know what that means – Review and Set goals!
For December I wanted to:
1) Finish Mom’s floral quilt as a Christmas gift – DONE! I think she liked it!
2) Finish the quilt that DH requested – NO – I made the decision to not work on this. It really wasn’t a Christmas gift, I had just wanted to have it finished by Christmas before I showed it to DH. I wound up showing the flimsy to him on Christmas day and now I really have to get it finished, because he really liked it!!
3) Trim scraps – DONE – I have been keeping after it, little by little.
4) Keep up with the clues for On Ringo Lake – Sort of done – I haven’t been able to get all the parts done, but I’ve been getting at least some of them done and I was able to get one block put together. Yay!!
For such a busy month, with the holidays and all, that isn’t too bad.
For January I would like to:
1) Finish the quilting on a quilt for my friend, Julie (actually it’s her cousin’s quilt)
2) Finish the map quilt for Big Mo that DH requested.
3) Trim scraps
4) Clean up the sewing studio. It has been a dumping ground for all the flotsam and jetsam that needs to be put out of the way over the holidays. Plus, with all the projects I’ve been working on, there is fabric and other stuff scattered all over the place.
Lots to do – not enough hours in the day!!