In America no day is more significant than Independence Day, in which we celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. The Declaration stated: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed.”
Happy Independence Day to all my American friends!!!
Now, on to the business of the day.
It’s time to review my four quilting goals from the previous month and set four new goals for this month.
In June I wanted to:
1) Layer and quilt the Blue and Cheddar blocks. I’m doing this quilt with a QAYG technique (mostly because I have a lot of batting scraps and want to use them all up) – DONE!! With the help of my dear friends, I buckled down and got all of the blocks layered and quilted.
2) Trim another box (or bag) of scraps – DONE! – Actually, I found a few loose piles that I cleaned up, so it’s all good.
3) Quilt the above referenced flimsy. – DONE – This was the Christmas quilt that was a McCall’s Quilting mystery quilt from approx. 2012. Just need to add the binding and label. Oh, and get a photo of it with the quilting done!!!
4) Finish the borders on the hexie quilt. – DONE – Now I need to get a decent photo of it!! I started on this project in November 2013 and it’s still not completely done (still needs quilted and bound) So that’s four years! Wow! That’s a lot of time!
Moving on, here is what I want to do for July:
1) Make label for Hospice quilt
2) Start assembling the Blue and Cheddar quilt to have it ready for a demonstration at this month’s meeting
3) Help Barb with the quilting on her Dahlia quilt – we may have to spend a few days together to get this done!!!
4) Trim more scraps into the scrap user system
I’m not getting too crazy with this month’s goals. July is busy this year and I want to be able to accomplish my goals – not make them so unreasonable that they can’t be attained.
If anyone else is setting monthly goals, leave a comment – I’d love to hear what other people are trying to accomplish!