I fixed some pizza last night for supper. It was an experiment in using what we have, which, fortunately, turned out pretty good.
I had made a big batch of dip for DH to take with him when he went to the neighbor’s house for Super Bowl. (I had a lot of sewing to do, so I stayed home.) The dip was made with a jar of queso dip, a jar of black bean and corn salsa and about 2 cups of shredded chicken (which was leftover from our Sunday dinner) The dip was pretty tasty and I figured that it would be devoured.
Well, the neighbors fixed so much other food that the dip was largely ignored. So DH brought it back and we had this enormous amount of dip that we were probably not going to be able to finish before it went bad.
But then DH got to thinking and he suggested that I make a pizza with it. I got to thinking, and it sounded like a good idea. So that’s what I did.
I didn’t think to take a picture until after we had eaten half of it, but there you go. I made a whole wheat crust, added a can of diced tomatoes, then the dip spread evenly and finally some mozzarella cheese.
It was really good and when we added some lettuce, it was delicious:
Well, I’m supposed to be working for Boss #2, so I better get moving.