Bonnie surprised me with a Monday Linky this morning. I might have pushed a little harder to get more done if I’d realized!! As it is, over the weekend I haven’t even managed to get one block assembled.
I did get all the units done. And I laid them all out in order on my portable design wall (which I used as a tray to hold the stacks of units). I even spent some time sewing units together. I’m “webbing” the blocks to keep them all in order.
But, to be fair, I did a lot of other things over the weekend. On Friday afternoon, DH and I went up to the cabin to spend the night. As soon as we arrived, DH started a fire in the wood stove because the place was CHILLY!! I stayed bundled in multiple layers until it warmed up. I brought a few things to do – I covered some plastic coat hangers with fabric, so my clothes won’t slide off, went through my 2017 planner and made notes of upcoming events, birthdays, work, etc., and sewed a few hexies. Once the place was warmed sufficiently, I started some pizza dough and then made Chicken Broccoli Alfredo pizza – yummy!!!
On Saturday, while still at the cabin, I worked on another of the iron chairs that we have up there. Back story – DH acquired a set of iron lawn chairs some years ago. The backs had a vinyl woven panel that had started to fall apart. So I repaired them with clothesline and fabric strips.
Well, This is the only one that I actually repaired correctly and it is still doing well. But there were three more chairs that needed to be repaired. Sometime in the summer of 2016 I used some heavy cording to weave the back of one of the chairs, similar to this process:
But, man o’ days, that cord is rough on my hands, so I never did any more. Well, Saturday, I managed to get one more done!! Yay me!!!
We came home Saturday afternoon, and I played catch up with some housework, but I did squeeze in some sewing of units. Sunday was church and then the Steelers – Dolphins game with some of the family visiting. I had made a big pot of chili, which must have been extra good, because there was only one bowl left over at the end of the day!! In the evening, I did a little more sewing, but not nearly what I would have liked to have accomplished.
I’m hoping for better things through the course of the week. Oh, and don’t forget to see what other people have done on their En Provence by clicking HERE