We’re off and running in a new year. Didn’t 2016 just fly by!?!
I haven’t really decided on any particular resolutions for 2017. It’s more like suggestions of what I’d like to accomplish. One thing I want to continue is my monthly goals for quilting. It really helps to keep me focused on all these projects. I may not get every goal finished every month, but at least I’m aware of what I’ve got going on!
So, to review for December:
1) Keep up with the clues for the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt, En Provence. – Yesterday I finished sewing all the units from clue 6, so I thought I was all caught up. Yay me!! Then, this morning I checked in at Quiltville and saw that Bonnie had made the big reveal on New Year’s Day. So I now have a lot of catching up to do. There are clue #7 units to make and then assembling all the units into the finished top. And, BTW, my guess was completely and utterly wrong! Bonnie surprises again!!! Click HERE to see what the finished quilt will look like.
2) Make progress on a wall hanging – I’m hoping I can finish it to give as a Christmas gift, but realistically, it will probably not be finished by the 25th. If I can at least make some progress, I’ll be happy. DONE!!! With the help of DH, I managed to get it all finished and was able to gift it to DS#3.
3) Finish red, white and blue donation quilt!! – Not done, but I made progress – all the blocks are made and I started to piece them together into a flimsy.
4) 10 Hexie flowers – DONE!! Actually 11 more flowers sewn onto the “mothership”
Not too bad for the busy month of December.
Moving right along, let’s go over what I hope to accomplish in January.
1) Piece En Provence into a flimsy.
2) Finish red, white and blue donation quilt. I mean it this time!!!
3) Quilt my 50th birthday quilt. For real, I need to get this done!!
4) You know what this is going to be – 10 more flowers on the hexie quilt.
Well, there you go, four more things to
try to do.
I’m linking up with Judy Laquidara for Design Wall Monday. Click HERE to see what’s on other design walls.