Happy 1st of February! We’ve had a busy week since the big snowstorm last weekend. DH has been digging out a lot of places. I’ve been trying to get caught up on a lot of things (work, cleaning and sewing)
Yesterday, we had a birthday celebration for DH:
No, we didn’t go on a train, this is just one of the most recent photos of him. We did throw together a dinner for him with homemade pie and homemade ice cream. Yummy!!!
Between the three bosses, I’ve been busy with a lot of office work. Everyone needed to get tax forms taken care of, plus there was the end of the month invoicing for Boss #1.
I’ve also been spending a lot of time in the studio trying to get all the scraps under control. I’ve been a fan of Bonnie’s Scrap User system for quite awhile. But I haven’t fully implemented it yet. After all, I’ve had quite a few years to accumulate scrap pieces. I’m not going to say exactly how many, that would be revealing just how old I am!! But suffice it to say, there are a LOT of scraps. So I’ve been trying to spend a little bit of each day pressing and cutting them into standard sizes and then sorting them into bins. The good news is, I’m filling up the bins, which means I’ll have plenty of strips to use for future quilts. The bad news is, I need bigger bins!!! Or I have to start another project to use up the strips!
It’s the first Monday of the month, so I wanted to review my goals from January and post the ones I’ll make for February.
So, for January I wanted to:
1) Piece Allietare to the flimsy stage – Oh Yes! I got it done!!
2) Quilt that aggravating Amish quilt and get it off the frame so I can move on with other projects!!! – I am hanging my head in shame – this is still not done. I am having a problem with the thread breaking all the time, so I’ve just stopped again until I have the patience to figure out what is wrong.
3) Piece some of the other projects I’ve started (Ocean Waves, Talking Turkey, Carolina Christmas, Bonus HST from Lozenges, etc) – I did do some of this – maybe not as much as I would have liked but I didn’t quantify, so I can say that it is done!
4) Hand sewing – 10 more hexie flowers – Oh yes! I made 10 more flowers and attached 23 of the flowers to the “mother ship”
So, 3 out of 4 are done. Plus some extra credit – remember, I made myself a pin cushion:
For February I want to:
1) Quilt the Amish quilt – if I don’t get it done this time, I may just have to take it off the frame and put it in time out, because I have other flimsies that really need to get quilted.
2) Help a lady with a quilting project that she started – she would like to have it finished by the end of this month. That is a reasonable goal, so we just have to schedule some time to do it.
3) Hand sewing – 10 more hexie flowers.
4) Quilt Allietare – I really want to take it to the cabin and replace the quilt that is there now:
You tell me, which would look better at a hunting cabin – This one which is there now? or Allietare?
I’m linking with Bonnie’s page to show all the Allietare love. Click HERE