I’ve been working as much as I can on Allietare – I’m hoping to get the borders attached today. But other things need to be done, too.
I was sewing hexies Saturday evening which is also on my list of things to do in January. I used to attach the paper pieces to the fabric with washable glue, which always worked just fine. But then I started punching my pieces out of thin cardstock. And I had to punch a hole in the center of each piece to be able to pull it loose from the fabric after it had been sewn. Then I realized I could hold the paper on the fabric by just putting a pin through the hole.
(I’m a tightwad, so I’ve been using the cards in magazines for my paper pieces.)
Anyway, now that I’m using pins, I needed a pincushion. So . . . .
Ta-da!!! A little pincushion to keep with my hexies. And it’s made with hexies! Such cleverness – Ha!
When stuffing it, I inserted a piece of plastic in the bottom to keep the pins from poking through and jabbing me.
It’s just a little project but I’ve been needing it done for quite a while.