The Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt started on Friday, November 27, 2015!!! I got started on it right away, but wasn’t able to complete the entire clue until last night. That was due to the fact that I was enjoying all of my guests for our Thanksgiving dinner. I always have mine on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. So I was spending most of Friday and Saturday fixing food ahead of time and getting the house as cleaned up as possible. Then most of Sunday we had various family members here for a large portion of the day. Some were overnight guests that left by mid morning on Sunday. Then Darling Sons, Darling Grandchildren, Darling Daughter and Darling Partners of DS and DD stopped by throughout the day. It was kind-of like Grand Central Station around here!
But I have managed to get Clue #1 all done!! So I’ll be able to link up with Bonnie’s blog to show off what I’ve accomplished. It’s fun to join in the linky party; seeing all the variety of color choices and getting hints and tips from everyone is great! Click HERE to go see what everyone else is doing.
I made the design decision to only use one fabric for each color, instead of going wildly scrappy like Bonnie does. Mostly because I still have a good bit of large yardage pieces. I had all the fabric in my stash, except for the leaf print. I had a piece of it, but not a large enough piece, so I bought some more for it. I did choose three neutral fabrics, since I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be some string blocks in this quilt. If there are I will probably have to pick out some more neutrals, but right now there are only three. The khaki green is being used in place of the gray and the leaf print replaces the red. I’m making this quilt for the cabin, so I want it to have a more masculine look and a semi-camouflage look.
Half Square Triangles cut and trimmed.
Since I have a lot of other things that need to be completed (I forget the exact count now, but it’s getting to be a fairly large number!) I will now work on finishing this gift quilt:
I have to sew the blocks together and then add a border, but I really like how this is turning out. I think it will be a good project for the quilt that our group donates to Hospice. It goes together fairly quickly.
I’m also making a few thousand HSTs as Leader/Enders for my Ocean Waves quilt:
Phew! That’s a lot of sewing going on!!!