This is going to be a hectic week. Bosses # 2 & 3 want me to work extra hours. And some of the DGC will be showing animals at the Fair. So Mimi and Papaw will be going out to watch on four different days.
I tried to write this post twice last night, so that I wouldn’t have to rush around this morning so much. But for some reason it wouldn’t go through.
Anyway, let’s review July’s goals;
1) Quilt Amish – Not quite – I’ve started the quilting, but it is not completely finished.
2) Quilt Tumalo Trails that is a gift – Nope – Since I haven’t finished the Amish quilt, I haven’t been able to load another quilt on the frame.
3) Put together 25 circle blocks – DONE!! I still need to add borders to it, to make it large enough for a queen size bed, but I did manage to sew the blocks together!
4) 10 Hexie flowers – DONE!! and more than done, I managed to make 17 this time around.
I also got distracted with a lot of “extra credit” items in July – the clothespin bag, making more lozenge units, decorating the holiday tree, making cornhole bags and making a button bracelet.
All in all, it was a pretty productive month.
Now for August:
1) Finish the #&%*^# Amish quilt!!!
2) Finish making the lozenge units and sew them into a flimsy
3) Since I am taking two Bonnie Hunter classes at the end of the month, I will be starting two more projects – Talking Turkey and Carolina Christmas
4) 10 Hexie flowers