Today is Design Wall Monday over at Patchwork Times. Judy Laquidara has a linky party every Monday so that we can all share what is on our design walls. Click HERE to see what that is all about.
I had a lot going on all weekend. Friday evening we had another campfire at the cabin:
Saturday, I spent most of the day getting things done: first at the cabin, then here at home. You know, all the “fun” stuff like laundry, vacuuming, dishes, etc.
Late on Saturday evening, I sat down and spent a little time sewing. I’ve finally started to sew the Bonnie blocks together!! So my design wall does NOT look like this anymore:
Instead, all the blocks are off the wall and there was nothing hanging on the design wall.
On Sunday, I left early in the morning to spend the day sewing with my QFF’s. We had a marvelous day. The sewing machines were humming and the fabric was flying!! Bev and Barb were both working on their Bonnie quilts, while I was concentrating on getting as much as possible done on the three remaining donation quilt kits.
We spent almost eleven hours together; sewing, chatting, and snacking. Thanks, Barb, for the delicious chili and, Bev, for the wonderful apple crisp – yum-yum!! And thank you, Barb, for hosting our get together!! I finally had to call it quits and get on my way back home before DH reported me as a missing person!!
This morning when I wanted to take a picture of the progress I made on the donation quilts, this is what I saw:
I was gone for ONE day and Norman decided the design wall looked like a good scratching post!! Sometimes kitties are wonderful companions and sometimes . . . well, sometimes not so much!!! He tried to scratch again while I was taking pictures and found out that I am NOT PLEASED AT ALL when he tries it. He’s hiding in the bedroom now – I’m hoping he’s ashamed of himself and is vowing to never do it again, but I’m afraid he’s probably plotting his revenge.
Anyway, here are the donation quilts:
Two of them are completed tops that need quilted and bound. The third one was done with the quilt-as-you-go method and needs the sashing sewn on the rows and then bound. I have to have them finished by October 10, so that gives me 17 days. I think I should be able to get that much accomplished in 17 days!